Tuesday 10 September 2013

The countdown is on.

Well its only days away, I cant believe its come round so quickly.

Over the last 7 days I have dropped down my training to steady 4.8km runs, these feel quite nice but it feels like part of my run is missing.
I have also had my first Bowen treatment, this is to try and loosen my tight muscles. My Achilles tendons are particularly tight, I assumed that this had been caused by my right thigh strain, however it now appears that this problem could be linked to a long standing back problem. I felt the benefit of this treatment immediately, my Achilles didn't hurt I could walk up stairs without pain, the true test would be the following day...run day. I was worried that my thigh problem would begin to signal the end of my running, the strain on my heels was getting worse the pain almost unbearable. However, my run went well and reasonably pain free, especially in my thigh. I am really pleased with the aches and pains that exist due to my back problem seem to have gone, also the pain in my knees has not raised its head. I am having another Bowen session before the weekend I am hopeful that this will see me over the GNR.
My nerves have started to jitter, whilst watching Athletics from Brussels an advert for the GNR came on and I nearly fainted, I still cant believe I am going to be part of this huge event. My fund raising is going really well and it has passed the £600 easily so can it be possible to reach £700 ?.
The support I have received to enable me to do this event has been at times overwhelming.  My Husband for putting up with my incessant moaning about the weather, my aches and pains. Friends and family who have lifted me when the going got tough when the challenge looked too much. For those that have offered us accommodation, resources and their time to help. The understanding that I cant drink, eat this or that, cant stay out late doesn't need explaining but to others its a step too far for what is basically a fun run. To me its so much more, I want to give 110% not only to this event but to any event, I have trained hard, I have sacrificed as have so many around me. To these people this event is a culmination of the faith and time invested in me. To these people I shall toast when I have crossed the finish line on Sunday.

My next update will be after the GNR I shall be posting lots of photos of the day as I go along. It will be a very early start on Sunday but somehow I don't think I will be having much in the way of sleep on Saturday night.

So I thank you one and all for your kind words of support and your very generous donations. If you are reading this and would like to help raise money for Sue Ryder Wheatfields, please follow the link below.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/ElaineWinterbourne

No comments:

Post a Comment