Saturday 19 October 2013

Yet another mad week.

Its been difficult to get out again this week. Having said that the pain after last Saturday did take until Tuesday to ease. I completed my exercises to keep my muscles in tune, this was pure agony I have to admit. Yesterday I managed to get out running, straight onto my front foot and keeping my concentration. It felt good no pain still feeling light and comfortable.  Running without headphones or music isn't bothering me like I thought it might, I am now listening to the music my feet make tapping the floor, how about that for a comparison.  As I wasn't completely convinced I was still getting the new style right, I decided to go back to the old way to see and feel what the difference really was. Wow it was truly unbelievable,  the instant vibration through my feet into my knees was instant and uncomfortable.  I knew then I was getting it right,  Gary was right not that I doubted him but I never thought that this was possible.  A few tweeks here and there and I will be extending the distances back out. At the moment I am doing 3ish miles to get used to this new position I am looking forward to moving up. I need to lift my knees next to the riding a bike position.  This is proving a little more difficult as I feel like I am running on the spot, so at the moment I am trying it in spots hopefully this will eventually become second nature. Coming from the run yesterday I am feeling no pain at all so I will assume that although I was in a considerable amount of discomfort last weekend and doing the exercises that Gary gave me it has worked to keep my muscles going. This weeks plan is to be out possibly 3 times with exercise in between with extending my distance on 2 runs. My new toy this week is my cross trainer :-).  I have bought this so on icy days I can still move my legs without causing myself any injuries.  I'm hoping to buy my barefoot running shoes in the next couple of weeks an early Christmas present. I have picked the pair I want Merrell is a new brand to me, Gary hasn't been wrong yet so I'm sticking with that theory.
Have a good week ahead. Keep on running.

No comments:

Post a Comment