Sunday 12 May 2013

A good week.

Had a really good week for training. Plenty of distance and good timings.  Windy conditions returned to Yeadon which as you will be aware by now is my enemy.  However I decided that the best course of action in these conditions is to run where I can,  if this means a double back then thats the plan.  Today is the Leeds half marathon, it also marks the 4 months to go to the GNR even now my stomach turns. There have been points this week that I have seriously doubted my ability to do 13.1 miles. It is a jump to a new area of distance running,  although I can do 10km with ease, to double it seems like a bridge too far. But I am not giving in I know that if I maintain a constant steady pace I can complete my goal.
This weeks training plan is to be out on 10km runs Tuesday & Wednesday then take up the distance on Thursday to 12km back to 10km Friday.  My rest days are scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, back to 12km and upward distances Monday onwards.

If you would like to help raise funds for Sue Ryder Wheatfields Hospice by sponsoring me then  please follow the link below,  thank you x

www.uk.virginmoneygiving.com/ElaineWinterbourne

No comments:

Post a Comment