Saturday 25 May 2013

Target reached.

Had a very good week of training. Plenty of distance and time covered, some PB's amongst them as well which is very pleasing. I now have a very set routine for running week one (which is next week) means I am out Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday rest days Saturday & Sunday back out Monday to Friday rest day Saturday but back out Sunday rest Monday. I find that I can juggle the bits and pieces in between like the school run, looking after two of my Grand-children with relative ease as I run first thing in the morning.
I am finding more and more people spotting me tooting and waving, I apologise if you think I am ignoring you, this is not the case. I have 3 running apps on my phone which guide and talk to me at varying stages of my run I also listen to music as well, I have a set playlist now which has different tempos of music to speed me up. I only have one tiny little issue with my playlist, sometimes I feel like I could break into dance moves rather than running.
I have all sorts of music on I begin with Elvis VS JXL " a little less conversation" this is my warm up song fairly steady beat. We then pick up a little with "Eye of the Tiger" leading into "Call on me" and Alexandra Burke "bad boys". Then a really favorite which I cannot help but mouth the words to as I running (not out loud) "I Ran" by a Flock of Seagulls, we hit a really good high tempo with "CandyMan" by Christina Aguilera. To even out the pace "Danza Kuduro" Dan Omar & Lucenzo, how to jump tracks "Mambo No5" by Lou Bega this is a great stride setter for me pushes me on. "Chasing the Sun" by The Wanted, "We speak no Americano" cant decide if this track belongs yet as I have the extended version and it doesnt keep a pace at the end. "Evacuate the Dancefloor" "Footloose" by Kenny Loggins when I first began to use this phone I detested this song as I knew it was there to speed me up, now I love it as I can maintain the pace. "I like it" Enrique ft Pitbull, "Maneater" Hall and Oates, "Maniac" Michael Sembello, "Keep on running" The Spencer Davis group usually at this point I want to shout at the music to stop ridiculing me as I am getting tired but it is getting easier. We finish with a flurry of Queen " Dont stop me now" and "Echo Beach" Martha and the Muffins. I own several running trax CD's and they are on my phone but I have found my mixing the tracks I like I achieve the best out of myself. It also means that I pinpoint if I am faster or slower at certain points as I know the tracks that are coming on. So if you toot or wave to me I shall try my very best to respond and acknowledge.

This week brought to the fore why I am raising money for Sue Ryder Wheatfields. As the care and support they offer is helping two very dear people. As a result of the first hand care these lovely people have received in the saddest way I have reached and passed my original goal to raise £350. As it was said to me at the time "no amount of money can repay them for what they have done" this is a true comment. The whole team at Wheatfields gave so much and kept giving even in the early hours of the morning on that sad day. There truly are not enough ways to say thank you. But by passing this target the "thank yous" will support other families that have to go through this terrible ordeal. My new target is £500 so dig deep you lovely people the smallest amount would make such a difference to so many. If you would like to sponsor me to raise money for Sue Ryder Wheatfields Leeds please follow this link.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/ElaineWinterbourne

As a little footnote to this weeks progress, I was asked by Wheatfields if they could use this blog to maybe encourage runners to join the GNR team in September. Along with this going onto the Sue Ryder Facebook page this article will also be making an appearance in the Yorkshire Evening Post (I think). I am fortunate that my Husband just happens to be a photographer at home my "official" photo shoot or "mug shot" was very easy and quick.
Enjoy the Bank holiday it looks like the weather may hold out for a couple of days which hopefully will lead to good times for all.
Ta ra for a bit



No comments:

Post a Comment