Wednesday 26 June 2013

90% of the way.



I am currently into the 5th week of the unwell feeling, I still don't eat a great deal ice cream is my favourite breakfast,dinner and tea. Nevertheless I am back into the swing of things, after 3 weeks of a sinus and throat infection that cleaned me out. I finally had enough energy to take on my first run, a gentle 3km. I have slowly built back up my distance but have kept the pace low to allow my breathing to function properly. The lack of proper food has had an effect on performance so this will need to be addressed it has however taken the hassle out of watching what I eat as I have dropped close to a stone and a half in weight but this has taken all my energy with it. The problem that remains is that I still don't actually look at food and think ' mmm that looks good ' and performance building food I simply cannot take in. 
I am really happy that I have been able to get back out, it feels good to be out. I know that it will all come back it will take time, after such a long layoff it will take time and I need to wait for it.
As you can see from above an article appeared in the Yorkshire Evening Post promoting the GNR for Sue Ryder Wheatfields. After it appeared the cutting went up at work it will show people that when they see me dragging myself around in all weathers that its for something very special. I hope it also encourages others to raise money and prove to themselves that 'yes you can do it' . This also gives me a real boost to achieve my goal of finishing the GNR. I was having the feeling that I would never be able to complete 13.1 miles, but now I know it's within me. It's not about the time, yes I would like 2 hours but to finish will be my challenge complete. I am running the Leeds 10km in 3weeks this should give me a fair reading of my potential over 20km. My aim for Leeds is under the hour, ideally a sub 55min would be a very happy Elaine. 
The training plan this week is Monday through to Friday running with rest days Saturday and Sunday. I am running with a training plan but due to the illness I dropped 10 days over 3weeks so I am trying to compress more than I should be into a shorter space of time. This means crucially staying healthy, fit and injury free. 
If you would like to help me reach my target of £500 please follow this link.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/ElaineWinterbourne

Hope you all have a lovely week/weekend catcha on the flip side.

No comments:

Post a Comment